Important Safety Precautions
Important FoodSaver Safety Precautions
At FoodSaver, we’re committed to helping our customers get the most from their FoodSaver vacuum sealing system, so they can continue feeding their family fresh, healthy meals every day — all while reducing food waste.
However, to guarantee safe and effective use of the FoodSaver vacuum sealing system, it’s important to be aware of the following safety precautions. This safety advice is aimed at new and existing FoodSaver vacuum system users, and will help you to get the most value from your appliance without compromising the safety of you and your family in the kitchen.
The following advice can be found in all of our appliance instruction manuals. However, we’ve published it here on our site, too, to make sure all of our customers are aware of the important safety precautions which need to be followed when using the FoodSaver vacuum sealing appliance.
You’ll find all of the recommended safety precautions listed below.
- Always read the instruction manual carefully before using the FoodSaver appliance.
- Do not operate the appliance near wet or hot surfaces, or near a heat source (hob, microwave, toaster etc.).
- Do not immerse the appliance or any of its permanent parts in water or other liquid.
- In order to disconnect the appliance properly, switch it off and unplug the power cord from the electrical socket. Do not disconnect the appliance simply by pulling on the cord.
- Do not operate the appliance if its power cord or plug is damaged. If your appliance is under warranty, please send it back to us and we will repair the power cord fault. If your appliance is no longer covered under warranty, replacement power cords can be purchased on the FoodSaver website.
- Only use the appliance for its intended purpose.
- Carefully supervise children when using the FoodSaver appliance, or any electrical appliance in the kitchen. Do not allow the appliance to be used as a toy.
- Do not modify the power cord or plug in any way. All FoodSaver vacuum sealers are supplied with a short cord to prevent tangling and tripping. An extension cord may be used if its electrical rating is no less than the appliance.
- If using an extension cord, do not allow it to drape over countertops or table tops, where it could be pulled unintentionally.
Should you have any further questions about the safe use and handling of the FoodSaver vacuum sealing system, please contact our dedicated customer service team, here.