Monte Cristo Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, these flavorful chicken breasts can be prepped, vacuum sealed and frozen to create an impressive dinner any night of the week.
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tsp butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 5 to 7 ounces each
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp pesto
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Place ham slices on work surface; top with cheese slice. Place cube of butter in center; set aside.
- On clean work surface, pat chicken dry with paper towel. Without cutting all the way through, slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise through center, keeping one edge intact so it opens like a book.
- Spread each open chicken breast with mustard and pesto; season with thyme, salt and pepper. Place ham package in center of chicken breast. Fold chicken over to enclose filling.
- Vacuum seal each chicken breast individually in FoodSaver ®Bag using the FoodSaver ®VS0100 Hand Held Vacuum System according to appliance guidelines.
- Refrigerate for up to 24 hours, or freeze (thaw in refrigerator before cooking).
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Arrange stuffed chicken breasts on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; coat with cooking spray or drizzle with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 73°C.
- Substitute aged Cheddar or Gruyère for Swiss cheese if desired.
- Serve with cranberry sauce, mango chutney, garlic aioli, or raspberry jam mixed with a touch of cider vinegar to balance out the sweetness.
Per 1 stuffed chicken breast
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 7g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 0g
Vitamin D 0.4mcg
✔ Good source of calcium
Nutrition note: nutrition is based on 6oz chicken breasts (24oz total raw weight).
Lunch And Dinner