Sous Vide Ratatouille
This classic ratatouille makes a comforting side dish – but it’s also delicious tossed with pasta or added to sandwiches or salads.
- 1 aubergine, chopped (about 20 oz)
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Toss together eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, grape tomatoes, onion, 2 tbsp olive oil, tomato paste and salt.
- Add vegetables to FoodSaver® 3.8L Vacuum Seal Pre-Cut Bag. Vacuum seal in FoodSaver® VS3190X System according to appliance guidelines.
- Fill cooking pot with water. Add sous vide machine; set to 85˚C. Lower vacuumed bag into heated water, weighing down to submerge, if necessary. Set timer to 2 hours.
- Carefully remove bag from water; let stand for 5 minutes before opening and removing vegetables.
- Toss vegetables with parsley and basil. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and balsamic glaze.
Tip: If desired, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, capers and chopped anchovies to ratatouille for a zesty flavour.
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Total Sugars 7g
Vitamin D 0mcg
Lunch And Dinner